Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Your Feedback Needed
04-17-2015, 02:27 PM
Your Feedback Needed
Hello Everyone..
I just sent out a PM to 40 members who have been active on this forum, indicating they are either Pre-Order or original Kickstarter Backers like myself.

We do not have confirmation that Pre-Order units are all shipped, nor any idea of the current production rate, or the anticipated timing for shipping the approximately 120 Kickstarter units. Hoping this PM will help to give us notice of receipt of yokes by original Kickstarter Backers and additional feedback from all those who now have their yokes up and running. The text of the PM message follows.

Thanks
RMM
====
Hello..
I am an original Kickstarter Backer waiting to receive my IrisDynamics Yoke.

This message is going out to all those who have been active on the forum, whether a Pre-Order customer or Kickstarter backer. We are all in need of real world input .. both to confirm shipment of Kickstarter units and your impression as a user.

Please let us know if you have received your yoke and give your impressions on the device. If you have already done so, please do give us a short recent update on your user experience.

Thanks
RMM
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-17-2015, 04:55 PM
RE: Your Feedback Needed
Good idea!
04-17-2015, 06:40 PM
Your Feedback Needed
+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
04-19-2015, 07:27 AM (This post was last modified: 05-05-2015 09:35 PM by Hornet.)
I am not particularly interested in surveys , polls etc.

If Iris wanted the luxury of not being accountable to customers, we'll, then they should have gone to a bank and taken out a loan instead of using and abusing KICKSTARTER.

Pat communicate to your creditors, i.e. your customers. I'm fed up with this "silent act".
04-19-2015, 11:04 PM (This post was last modified: 04-19-2015 11:21 PM by RMM.)
I wrote to Pat about 2 weeks ago to encourage him to post a short update to this Forum. My explanation was simple... a tremendous amount of Good Will is being burned up by this extended silence. We have not seen Pat on this forum since January 22nd - soon to reach THREE MONTHS...the same as the last update on the Kickstarter campaign page.

I suggest that anyone should feel free to go the Kickstarter campaign page here..
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/irisdynamics/affordable-force-feedback-flight-sim-control-yoke/description
and scroll to the bottom and click on the bar where you see "REPORT THIS PROJECT TO KICKSTARTER"

The fourth option that comes up is...
Post-funding Issues
The creator is not communicating and the project status is unclear.

Given the Kickstarter "Terms of Use" there is not much we can do except wait.

RMM
04-20-2015, 03:23 AM
(04-19-2015 11:04 PM)RMM Wrote:  I wrote to Pat about 2 weeks ago to encourage him to post a short update to this Forum. My explanation was simple... a tremendous amount of Good Will is being burned up by this extended silence. We have not seen Pat on this forum since January 22nd - soon to reach THREE MONTHS...the same as the last update on the Kickstarter campaign page.

I suggest that anyone should feel free to go the Kickstarter campaign page here..
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/irisdynamics/affordable-force-feedback-flight-sim-control-yoke/description
and scroll to the bottom and click on the bar where you see "REPORT THIS PROJECT TO KICKSTARTER"

The fourth option that comes up is...
Post-funding Issues
The creator is not communicating and the project status is unclear.

Given the Kickstarter "Terms of Use" there is not much we can do except wait.

RMM
I have also tried a communication with Pat with no response so far so have checked the "The creator is not communicating and the project status is unclear" box on the Kickstarter page as suggested.

I don't want to be a whingeing backer but just to be kept informed.
04-20-2015, 06:46 AM
I too, have clicked the report button at kick-starter in the hopes that Iris will get the kick they need, to give us a response. The silence is deafening.
It can understand they have a heavy workload with, probably, several hundred yokes to build, and us kick-starter backers are going to be last on the list. But a word from them just to let us know that we haven't been lost in the hub bub, would be very much appreciated.
What say you, Iris?
regards, Craig
04-21-2015, 05:59 AM
I would like to give some positive news, I was one of the backers that received a prototype unit. I have not had the time to use the yoke much, recently I tried to use it and found a problem, I emailed Pat and got a call and was able to schedule a Tech support call with Kyle. Unfortunately due to time restraints the issue is unresolved but it's being worked on. I have a production unit scheduled for delivery. After speaking with Pat I believe he's trying to keep a lot of balls in the air and I hope he's sucsesfull, not only for the obvious selfish reasons but because I think there's a huge demand for this technology. When I get the new yoke I'll be happy to share my review. I'm in the SF area and will be willing to demonstrate to anyone that's more technically savy than myself.

Cheers

Jason Proctor
04-21-2015, 07:51 AM
(04-21-2015 05:59 AM)Jasonproctor Wrote:  I would like to give some positive news, I was one of the backers that received a prototype unit. I have not had the time to use the yoke much, recently I tried to use it and found a problem, I emailed Pat and got a call and was able to schedule a Tech support call with Kyle. Unfortunately due to time restraints the issue is unresolved but it's being worked on. I have a production unit scheduled for delivery. After speaking with Pat I believe he's trying to keep a lot of balls in the air and I hope he's sucsesfull, not only for the obvious selfish reasons but because I think there's a huge demand for this technology. When I get the new yoke I'll be happy to share my review. I'm in the SF area and will be willing to demonstrate to anyone that's more technically savy than myself.

Cheers

Jason Proctor

Jason
The feedback is much appreciated but would you mind giving some idea of the timeline i.e when did you first receive your yoke and your number in the order list if known, and when you were last in contact with Pat?

I still believe he is doing his utmost to meet the demand but several of us are getting mighty frustrated by not being informed of progress though I guess you might have worked that out if you've been reading the forums.

Hope your issues get sorted soon.

John
04-21-2015, 12:38 PM (This post was last modified: 04-21-2015 12:41 PM by Jasonproctor.)
The prototype was one of the first units, I've had it for about 4 or 5 months.

From my understanding the production units have changed significantly and are much more stable. And have a more realistic feel. I Know that it's frustrating to be waiting but getting a unit thats not ready for prime time is frustrating and expensive to support. My gut feeling is that Iris really wants to get the units to us but dosnt want a bunch of units out there with issues. I remain positive that this will all work out.

As I mentioned when I get the unit, I'll post a review

Cheers

Jason

Oops , I didn't answer the question regarding communication with Pat. I was in contact with Pat today Via email and spoke with Kyle during the support session.

Cheers

Jason