Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QUEUE JUMPING
02-28-2015, 05:52 PM (This post was last modified: 02-28-2015 06:22 PM by Hornet.)
QUEUE JUMPING
Hi Pat,

I hope you are well. I noticed you found time to login and read post made on the forum.

Would you be so kind to inform customers why Full Price orders are being serviced ahead of Kickstarter Backers and Pre-Orders, I'm not happy about this practice and I find it quite disrespectful. I do apologise if I have misunderstood the situation, however, several Full Priced customers have stated that they have / are about to receive their yoke.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-02-2015, 02:50 AM
RE: QUEUE JUMPING
Me too, and evidence in other posts on this forum would seem to suggest that we are not the only ones. My other concern is that my order number that was provided to me was the same as I've seen someone else on this forum used. C'mon guys, what is going on?
03-05-2015, 08:45 AM
It is clear that full price, post Kickstarter customers are being given priority. For a growing business, cash flow means survival. Write to Pat at IrisDynamics if you need more details.

Just a few more weeks and all of us Kickstarters will be taken care of. We will benefit from all the modifications and production knowledge gained along the way.

Based on the feedback on the units now in hand, the wait will be met with an outstanding device. Hang in there!

RMM
03-06-2015, 01:44 AM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2015 01:51 PM by jharvell.)
(03-05-2015 08:45 AM)RMM Wrote:  It is clear that full price, post Kickstarter customers are being given priority. For a growing business, cash flow means survival. Write to Pat at IrisDynamics if you need more details.

Just a few more weeks and all of us Kickstarters will be taken care of. We will benefit from all the modifications and production knowledge gained along the way.

Based on the feedback on the units now in hand, the wait will be met with an outstanding device. Hang in there!

RMM

I wrote to info at irisdynamics on 21 Feb, and followed up with an email to pmcfadden also at irisdynamics late on 3 March. No response so far. I was just asking for an estimated delivery date or at least how many units will be made. before mine.

Update : I got an email response from Patrick on the 5th, less than 2 days after I emailed him directly.
03-20-2015, 07:52 AM
This is interesting to learn, since my story is one that echoes similarity to others posting on this forum.

I sent Pat an e-mail some 5 days ago (Mar 15th) explaining how it was 6 months since my money was taken for an order of unit #102, and requesting an estimated date of arrival. To this e-mail, I have received no response. (Just like my PM a month or so ago to Pat, which also went unanswered.)

I hope this date/unit number information is of interest to someone, and maybe it - and the data of others - could serve as a sanity check here.

For those reading this, if you have a unit number higher than #102 and have received your functioning device, I'm genuinely happy for you - it means there's hope. It's also proof that full price post Kickstarter customers are being given priority - well to a point, I was not a Kickstarter customer. So now it seems that not even the non-Kickstarter guys are being treated equally - ugh, I so hope I am wrong about this.

For those reading this, if you have a unit number lower than #102 and have received your functioning device, I'm also genuinely happy for you - it offers hope that the backlog may be clearing. Either that, or perhaps some are more equal than others e.g. I'm not some household-name institution.

For those Iris customers reading this, if you have not yet received your functioning device, here's one data point. Maybe you could share yours e.g. date purchased, kickstarter/not, order number if known...

And for Team Iris: please, the silence is extremely disconcerting. There seems to be remarkable support here for the heroic efforts that you guys are attempting at the moment. Please could you come up for some air and take a few moments to bang out a couple of communications? Even heroes need to breath... and communicate!
03-27-2015, 07:21 AM (This post was last modified: 03-27-2015 12:47 PM by clarksbrother.)
A quick update - did in fact speak to Pat this afternoon.

Update was:
- No one is usually at the phones as they are all very busy building yokes as fast as possible.
- An update should be coming in the next couple days.
- They are nearing the end of the post-kickstarter yokes and should be heading back full-head-of-steam into the kickstarter yokes in early April.
03-28-2015, 02:34 AM (This post was last modified: 03-28-2015 02:35 AM by allie.)
#71 here. Still no yoke and no response to multiple emails sent.

My issue - I only went to pay my shipping a few weeks ago but the shipping payment link gives a 404 error.

I've backed many Kickstarter projects and understand I'm not a pre-order customer but backing a start-up; I understand the challenges and am really happy to wait. I also really understand the strategic rationale for keeping the business alive with full-price sales as a priority over backers. Honestly I rather Iris does this then go under - then no-one will get their yokes.

My only complaint is the lack of communication.

Guys, you need to task someone with managing prompt responses to your customers - it's fundamental.
04-04-2015, 01:46 AM
*bump*
04-05-2015, 03:09 AM
I'm a post kickstarter customer. Never received a number. Have had a few communications with pat. Tried more recently to use the general email. Nothing. Tried calling. Nothing. (I was amused that all contacts were pushed into Extension 100....left a message...asked for a callback, or a response to my email...nothing.)

Hoping they manage to make all of this work. It would be a shame if this venture went under. I've been excited about it since the first i heard of it.
04-05-2015, 05:57 PM
I had a response from Pat today (as others may have also) and he has assured me that everything is continuing but that all efforts have been diverted to production and shipping, hence the lack of communication.

He's also conceded that full price customers have been prioritised to avoid refund requests and credit card chargebacks that would affect their bottom line and cause investor concern.

This is unfortunate, but it sounds unavoidable and my impression is that everything has been done in good faith to ensure continuing operations. Hopefully we'll expect to see our yokes soon.