Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
FS Force Plugin Information
02-26-2016, 06:22 PM (This post was last modified: 02-26-2016 06:24 PM by john MD.)
RE: FS Force Plugin Information
(02-26-2016 05:57 PM)MarkH Wrote:  "You wait. Time passes."

And Gollum appears with a mysterious device tucked under his arm. Some say it is a control for flying aeroplanes. It must be female for it is called Iris.

'Tis then you realise there is almost more entertainment to be had with all the peripherals of flight simulation programmes than actually flying.

Apologies for straying into the realms of fantasy and mild insanity on these forums but they seem to be used for little else nowadays. The dust must be settling and everyone satisfied.....not a bad thing I suppose.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-27-2016, 12:52 AM (This post was last modified: 02-28-2016 12:33 AM by cfdog.)
(02-26-2016 05:57 PM)MarkH Wrote:  
(04-01-2015 06:00 AM)russdirks Wrote:  
(04-01-2015 03:22 AM)MarkH Wrote:  Is this non-linear mapping not what is disabled by adding this entry to fsx.cfg? (I read about this in the FSUIPC documentation.)

No, that setting does not affect mapping linearity. You can try it yourself. As a matter of fact, based on my experimentation with that setting in FSX, in combination with Sensitivity and Nullzone, I'm not convinced that it actually does anything.

"You wait. Time passes."

Now I'm googling fs-force and finding myself! I have my yoke, so looking at getting it up and running soon. I have now figured out this FSX parameter (see my Saitek Cessna review) and you are right.

My question now is can I use fs-force with FSUIPC? Anyone know?

Meanwhile, back to google...

Mark

I had received from Russel the owner of FSForce stating to get the trim to work proper he suggested not to use FSUIPC.
I was and currently using a trim wheel and i have found for me that calibration for the yoke works fine in either P3D or using FSUIPC for the controls but the trim I had to use P3D calibration for his software to see it. The software does allow some tweaking to the forces. Make sure to uncheck force feedback within P3D if that is what you use. You can set it up where you can make adjustments and restart FSForce while the sim is running.Even play with .ini file

Looking forward to your review. Hope you keep video or pictures on any handle mods in future.
Garry
02-27-2016, 03:45 AM
(02-27-2016 12:52 AM)cfdog Wrote:  ...he suggested not to use FSUIPC.

That would be a royal pain in the backside. I have 'controllers enabled' unchecked in FSX, which means I don't have to worry about FSX's random remapping of joystick buttons. I also avoid FSX's non-linear axis mapping, which is what I think Russ's 'aileron mapping' feature is targeting, and I can tweak the curve for each axis with FSUIPC. Unfortunately it looks like he only offers it for ailerons, while it's actually needed on all analog axes.

But I think I am hearing that you are successfully using FSUIPC? I am using FSX, BTW, not P3D.

I hope to try it all out this weekend. I am working on the handle but I have not been videoing it. I may do an instructional video on that with some static shots to show what I did. The CH Eclipse is shaping up as a fantastic choice because I think I can easily retain full functionality of all the buttons - more on that when I've completed it.

MarkH

[Image: 74a2117f47009890699829d38699715a.jpg]
02-27-2016, 04:02 AM
@ Johnmd, " And Gollum appears with a mysterious device tucked under his arm. Some say it is a control for flying aeroplanes. It must be female for it is called Iris. "
Now that's funny.

Craig
02-27-2016, 05:44 AM
(02-27-2016 04:02 AM)Craig K. Wrote:  @ Johnmd, " And Gollum appears with a mysterious device tucked under his arm. Some say it is a control for flying aeroplanes. It must be female for it is called Iris. "
Now that's funny.

Craig

Yes sorry Craig, long time no hear by the way, some people are trying to be serious. I thinks it's the effects of having had my yoke for a few weeks now and still think it was well worth the wait. There have been suggestions of low feedback forces, certainly not what I have found. Hope you get yours soon.
02-27-2016, 06:10 AM
Hi John, I know it's all in fun, but the waiting does get tiresome, and a little bit of comedy, now and again, is good for the soul.
I have to give Iris a call, maybe it will expedite the process, though, I doubt it. Since I ordered at the very end of the KS campaign, I expect to be the last to receive my yoke.

Cheers, Craig
02-28-2016, 12:38 AM
(02-27-2016 03:45 AM)MarkH Wrote:  
(02-27-2016 12:52 AM)cfdog Wrote:  ...he suggested not to use FSUIPC.

That would be a royal pain in the backside. I have 'controllers enabled' unchecked in FSX, which means I don't have to worry about FSX's random remapping of joystick buttons. I also avoid FSX's non-linear axis mapping, which is what I think Russ's 'aileron mapping' feature is targeting, and I can tweak the curve for each axis with FSUIPC. Unfortunately it looks like he only offers it for ailerons, while it's actually needed on all analog axes.

But I think I am hearing that you are successfully using FSUIPC? I am using FSX, BTW, not P3D.

I hope to try it all out this weekend. I am working on the handle but I have not been videoing it. I may do an instructional video on that with some static shots to show what I did. The CH Eclipse is shaping up as a fantastic choice because I think I can easily retain full functionality of all the buttons - more on that when I've completed it.

Mark
I am successfully using FSUIPC, I would be totally lost without that.It may be my confusion but i can not use it for my Trim if using FSForce. Good luck with all .I have the Boeing Resin Yoke with mine but my previous yoke was the CH Eclipse so I am watching you with interest

Thank you
Garry
02-28-2016, 08:12 AM (This post was last modified: 02-28-2016 08:14 AM by Craig K..)
Well, just after I made my previous post here, I received an email from the man himself, Mr. P. McFadden. Coincidence, maybe. It simply stating that my yoke is ready! I just needed to update my contact info.
It's happy days here, and I can not get the Shizzle-eating grin off my face.

Craig
02-28-2016, 08:31 AM
(02-28-2016 08:12 AM)Craig K. Wrote:  Well, just after I made my previous post here, I received an email from the man himself, Mr. P. McFadden. Coincidence, maybe. It simply stating that my yoke is ready! I just needed to update my contact info.
It's happy days here, and I can not get the Shizzle-eating grin off my face.

Craig

Happy days indeed.....another member of the club, welcome bro. Big Grin
02-28-2016, 08:39 AM
Thanx John. It's good to feel the light coming through the end of the tunnel. ;o)

Craig