Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there any news?
01-30-2015, 07:41 PM (This post was last modified: 01-30-2015 07:42 PM by Lizz.)
Is there any news?
Hi Pat,

I assume you guys are extremely busy working on the Yoke orders, but maybe you can find some time to write a short update on the progress? It's too quite..........
Thanks in advance,

Lizz
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-01-2015, 07:38 PM (This post was last modified: 02-01-2015 07:40 PM by RMM.)
RE: Is there any news?
Pat (Iris Dynamics) wrote: (01-22-2015)
At the moment I think there's ~10 working units in the wild. That being said I'm currently looking at a shelf which has 15 working units which are to go out this week.

====
====
Based on current information, this yoke will no longer be a production unit. We are now depending on Pat to bring this product up to the original promised level of performance.

It would be good to have Mark H, Bart, JN_, Reece, iTris666, and Lynn give us a short status update on their situation. They are a majority of the "~10 working units in the wild".

As early recipients, their yokes should be a priority for full resolution.

I have asked to be taken out of the shipping queue until QC/QA issues are resolved. So hearing back from all of you on this forum is important. Please tell us how things are progressing for you.

RMM
02-02-2015, 06:02 AM
My yoke has been functioning well. There are some design issues which I've commented about elsewhere (namely, the fan noise). IRIS worked with me to test out the fan design and even shipped me a new fan to test with at no cost.

The only other issue I've had is lack of good force feedback software for X-Plane, which really isn't IRIS' fault. Any time I've had questions or feedback, IRIS has been great about getting back to me and helping me solve the problem. I fully believe they are committed to getting quality yokes out to those who purchased them. I don't know how long that will take, but I'd rather have a wait than have a low quality product.

Reece Heinlein - PPL IR, KMZZ
X-Plane 10.31, Windows 7x64
IRIS Yoke, Saitek Rudder Pedals, Throttle, Radio and Multi Panels
02-04-2015, 07:33 AM
+1 For update
02-04-2015, 09:51 PM
My yoke, which was one of the damaged ones, has been sent back via prepaid UPS and arrived at IRIS on Jan 22.
02-05-2015, 06:52 AM (This post was last modified: 02-05-2015 06:54 AM by CubedRoot.)
Hey All. This is Lynn. Patrick has been working with me on getting my yoke replaced as it was broken during shipment back in December. I got my return postage label, but was out of town and then under the weather for a while. I dropped my yoke off at UPS on 2-2-15, so it should be on its way back to Iris.

I am also going to purchase one of the aluminum handles and give it a go. I will try to be more active in the forums and post news on what happens. Patrick has been really good at working with me, and I am confident they will make it right.

EDIT: The aluminum handle I will be buying is the Beech styled handle. Really wish there was a Cessna styled yoke, but as I understand, Cessna is very expensive when it comes to licensing their yoke designs, making them much more expensive than the others.
02-13-2015, 05:30 AM
I don't wan't to be nitpicking or sound whiney but there has been no news or communication for 3 weeks now and this frightens me. It not only frightens me but it makes me also extremely angry.
Even worse,...I tried to contact IRIS by phone a few time now but there is no answer, not on the Customer Support extension nor on the Sales extension, what's going on here? Are they so busy producing yokes that there is no time left to answer the phone or to write 10 lines of text here in the forum or in a mail to inform there customers about progress made???
It is good to read that there are people that received their Yoke recently, so there should be some kind of activity within the company. But why not informing their customers?
Am I missing something here?
02-13-2015, 11:17 PM
(02-13-2015 05:30 AM)Lizz Wrote:  It is good to read that there are people that received their Yoke recently, so there should be some kind of activity within the company. But why not informing their customers? Am I missing something here?

+1 An update is overdue.
02-17-2015, 06:40 AM
There is some progress with manuals, a draft copy has been posted by Pat so things are still moving.
02-18-2015, 02:57 PM
(02-13-2015 05:30 AM)Lizz Wrote:  I don't wan't to be nitpicking or sound whiney but there has been no news or communication for 3 weeks now and this frightens me. It not only frightens me but it makes me also extremely angry.
Even worse,...I tried to contact IRIS by phone a few time now but there is no answer, not on the Customer Support extension nor on the Sales extension, what's going on here? Are they so busy producing yokes that there is no time left to answer the phone or to write 10 lines of text here in the forum or in a mail to inform there customers about progress made???
It is good to read that there are people that received their Yoke recently, so there should be some kind of activity within the company. But why not informing their customers?
Am I missing something here?

Lizz;

I'm not sure why you aren't getting an answer. I talked with Pat today and he answered several questions I still had lingering regarding the yoke. All in All they have been very informative and helpful thus far. I also noticed the new albeit short manuals available. I think they are just way overworked at this point, but I'm glad Patrick was able to help me out!