Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
X-Plane aircraft with control forces set
12-18-2014, 08:08 AM
X-Plane aircraft with control forces set
I've heard from a couple of places now that X-Plane aircraft with control forces setup in Planemaker work with the IRIS yoke. The yoke uses the control force data from X-Plane to supply control loading instead of the internal standalone mode.

It appears, though, that there is more needed than just setting up some vales in the control forces tab in planemaker. I modified one of my aircraft with some non-zero values just to test. The X-Plane datarefs are showing control forces now, but I don't get anything to the yoke. Can someone point me in the correct direction?

Reece Heinlein - PPL IR, KMZZ
X-Plane 10.31, Windows 7x64
IRIS Yoke, Saitek Rudder Pedals, Throttle, Radio and Multi Panels
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-19-2014, 06:45 AM
RE: X-Plane aircraft with control forces set
The datarefs in question:
http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?show...0&p=871408

You need to make the plugin read those datarefs

http://www.eadt.eu/
12-19-2014, 11:17 AM
Yep, if you populate the control forces tab in plane maker, you get values in those datarefs. Apparently those are not read by the yoke without a plugin.

Kyle, is there a time line for the X-Plane plugin that was going to be a priority?

12-27-2014, 12:16 PM
(12-19-2014 11:17 AM)Pieces Wrote:  Kyle, is there a time line for the X-Plane plugin that was going to be a priority?

Ditto this question.
01-21-2015, 08:04 AM
Hey guys,

Sorry about the delay on this response.

The XPlane plugin as is stands gets data refs from XPlane to the yoke. The intention was to do processing of the simulator environment on board the yoke. This may still in the making for the future, but with more and more people doing this on the simulator side, this will probably will not be needed. It will involve people reflashing their yokes and altering firmware versus getting their simulator to output feedback data.

Any application - Xplane, FSX, Combat Flight sim, etc - that uses the Direct Input interface to relay control loading forces to a device, can control your yoke without the XPlane addon installed. In fact, I believe in your case the XPlane plugin is confusing your yoke into ignoring the DirectInput effects coming from XPlane.

Could you try removing the XPlane plugin before running one of your feedback-enabled models and let us know how that works?

If this is the case, I'll be sure to remedy this in our upcoming firmware revision.

Cheers,
Kyle
01-27-2015, 08:23 AM
Originally replied to the wrong post.

Kyle, I tried a plane with plane maker forces set and XPForce uninstalled. I verified that the the control force datarefs were being updated. The yoke remained in the default standalone state. It did not appear to be getting any force information from X-Plane.

chksix Wrote:I hope you'll try the x737 where I've set up forces.
I downloaded the x737 and attempted it fly it. The control forces you have setup in the plane maker are incomplete, thereforce the control force datarefs remain at 0. I don't know what you intend for me to test.

02-01-2015, 06:43 AM
In what way are they incomplete? I'm still waiting for my Iris yoke so I can't test it myself.

11-16-2015, 05:26 AM
The upcoming version of the x737 will have the forces output as data out. I can see them on screen during flight but the yoke isn't reacting to them.

10-13-2016, 07:40 PM
A triple monitor simulator running X-Plane, built by X-Force PC X-Force is the logistics partner for Laminar Research, creators of X-Plane.

Belastingadviseurs amsterdam