Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
XPForce Plugin
12-12-2014, 01:04 PM
XPForce Plugin
I did some more testing with the XPForce plugin for X-Plane. For the most part everything is working well. The forces come through great (even really subtle feedback like gear extension). I've run into a couple of problems though, and I'm not sure if they come from the software or the yoke. I've put a ticket in with the software developer to see what he thinks.

1) There is a setting in the software control panel which doesn't have any affect. (I suspect this is a software problem). The setting should adjust the default control friction (with no other forces acting on the yoke) but it changes nothing.

2) Enabling the autopilot produces all sorts of issues. Now that I think about it more, I suspect the plugin is providing force output in response to the changing flight conditions. The AP can't compensate for it so you end up with trim runaway, oscillations, and over/underbanking. Now that I've written this down and thought it out more, this seems like a software issue as well. Instead of following the autopilot, the force output continues when AP is engaged and fights the AP.

I'll update when/if the developer responds.

Reece Heinlein - PPL IR, KMZZ
X-Plane 10.31, Windows 7x64
IRIS Yoke, Saitek Rudder Pedals, Throttle, Radio and Multi Panels
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-07-2015, 09:18 AM
XPForce Plugin
Maybe Pieces, Lizz and some other folks who have a head start on this plugin would share their settings? I had to turn off everything related to stickshake and gear bumps out of fear the actuator would tear itself apart. Love to hear what others have for XPForce config settings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
11-12-2015, 09:06 PM
RE: XPForce Plugin
Hi all,

I'm sorry not to be very active in the forum lately, I didn't forget you all but I was simply occupied with other things as well as doing a lot of flying in the sim. Didn't keep track on the flying hours but I did spent quite some time in the sim flying with the IRIS yoke.
I performed a lot of testing on the XpForce plugin as well comparing it with the standalone mode of the Yoke. Based on my gained experience I decided to leave the plugin for what it is and only fly the Yoke in standalone mode.
Reason for this is that I experienced quite some instability of the Yoke behaviour when using the plugin. Sometimes the Yoke suddenly seems to switch out of control, forces are gone and the Yoke feels very sloppy.
Also sometimes during startup of X-Plane the Yoke makes rude movements in pitch. These phenomenons are not always there but it makes the Yoke somewhat unpredictable.
The special effects like gear rumble, ground rumble etc. though are nice but I'm planning to install a BFF Shaker system which would take care of this anyway. On top of this I fly most of the time with the Beech 1900D and the forces in the standalone mode feel pretty much OK for this type of aircraft.
I have to admit that the last testing I did was on x-plane 10.36, meanwhile my sim has been changed over to 10.41, so maybe I will do some testing using this version of X-plane and see how it behaves...

In general I am very satisfied using the Yoke, I couldn't do without it anymore. Flying in the sim with the IRIS yoke gives me much more satisfaction than using my old Saitek Yoke.
11-13-2015, 02:15 AM
(11-12-2015 09:06 PM)Lizz Wrote:  Hi all,
In general I am very satisfied using the Yoke, I couldn't do without it anymore. Flying in the sim with the IRIS yoke gives me much more satisfaction than using my old Saitek Yoke.

Thanks Lizz for your post, good to hear some comments from a user with practical experience with the yoke and plugin.
12-05-2015, 02:19 AM
I might follow Lizz and give the plugin a rest for awhile. Even with the roll/pitch force sliders maxed out, there is not much resistance felt and I have a real problem getting the yoke to stay centered.
Gear/flap/slat effects are a no go as the yoke handle seems to be poorly connected to the tube of the controller. Even on the lowest setting, it really rattles and grinds itself apart. Literally threw the handle off on higher setting.
This could be my inexperience with both the yoke and plugin.
03-10-2016, 12:12 PM
XPForce Plugin
It's been a few months, anyone having a good time with XPforce? Care to share your settings?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
03-10-2016, 08:02 PM
Hi BarneCut, still the same here with respect to the xPForce plugin, not really using it.
I had a short period in which I decided to give it a try again, went OK for some time but then suddenly during flight the Yoke jumped out of control again.
I recognize your comment about the effects provided by the Yoke, these are way too intense, even with the sliders almost at zero they are too 'present'
10-13-2016, 08:16 PM
XPForce is a plugin for Laminar Research X-Plane 9.20 or higher which adds support for force-feedback joysticks on Windows. Since many aircraft designers don’t provide any force-feedback data with their aircraft

Cheap Elo Boosting