Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pre-order Queue
09-25-2014, 12:06 AM
Pre-order Queue
I, unfortunately, was not able to get in on the Kickstarter, but I did end up being able to get in on the pre-order deal. Just saw your update! It's great to see progress!

I've seen you got a lot of materials to fill orders, but I was wondering if that included pre-orders? Will that have to come in a completely separate batch? If so, any ballpark idea on how much longer after the Kickstarter orders it might be?

Thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-25-2014, 02:35 AM
RE: Pre-order Queue
(09-25-2014 12:06 AM)GitNick Wrote:  I, unfortunately, was not able to get in on the Kickstarter, but I did end up being able to get in on the pre-order deal. Just saw your update! It's great to see progress!

I've seen you got a lot of materials to fill orders, but I was wondering if that included pre-orders? Will that have to come in a completely separate batch? If so, any ballpark idea on how much longer after the Kickstarter orders it might be?

Thanks!

Hello GitNick,

I believe Chad or Amy will be fielding this but from an electrical point of view we have enough parts for every order we've received to date, with the exception of coil packs which are made in house. We have enough wire to wind one for every unit though.
09-30-2014, 07:57 AM
Hello Nick,

If you want to send me an email at abenny@irisdynamics.com I will be able to tell you exactly what place your order is in. There will be no gap between the kickstart and the pre-orders as all the parts will be here. We are hoping to average about 5 units a day to start and then as production continues to increase that number. I hope that helps answer your questions.

09-30-2014, 12:02 PM
(09-30-2014 07:57 AM)Abenny Wrote:  Hello Nick,

If you want to send me an email at abenny@irisdynamics.com I will be able to tell you exactly what place your order is in. There will be no gap between the kickstart and the pre-orders as all the parts will be here. We are hoping to average about 5 units a day to start and then as production continues to increase that number. I hope that helps answer your questions.

So judging by my order number @ 5 per day it's going to be another half year before I see this thing....even double that it'll still be 3-4 months after production starts?

Not too happy about that
10-01-2014, 05:14 AM
We're not happy about it either, Slayer.

As soon as we can increase our daily production number we will.

Basically the problem with getting more done quicker is that these are not simple devices. Sure, in essence forward, back, left, right arent that complicated. But take our linear actuator for example: these things don't even exist outside of this project. It's not as simple as unpacking parts and putting them together, unfortunately.

The upside to the wait is that you'll get something unique. Something pretty awesome.
10-01-2014, 07:29 AM
Guess it's like the Lamborghini of flight sim controls. Even the millionaires have to wait a year.
10-01-2014, 08:02 AM
Well if you have a million bucks...
12-05-2014, 01:56 PM
(09-30-2014 07:57 AM)Abenny Wrote:  Hello Nick,

Hi, sent an email on Nov 24 regarding this and never received a reply..