Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RESOLVED - Firmware Update Fail - No Serial Connection
11-03-2017, 04:14 PM (This post was last modified: 11-04-2017 09:13 AM by RMM.)
RESOLVED - Firmware Update Fail - No Serial Connection
UPDATE:
Got a speedy reply from Kyle. Great Support and follow up by phone just before the weekend. BIG THANKS!

There are some KEY POINTS in the 1.08 Manual that I noticed. For example:
-1- Only use Arduino 1.6.5 r5
-2- Use the latest Teensy
-3- The Arduino serial connection option has changed. You must use "Serial Keyboard Mouse Joystick" and then the appropriate COM Port
-4- Calibration in the manual says only one cycle. The Arduino instructions say keep moving until the numbers don't change. The latter is the correct procedure.

Once the serial connection was established, I did the calibration but the device was in an error mode with flashing RED light.

I needed to uninstall Arduino 1.6.5 and reinstall. Then I changed to the latest Teensy version.
Then I flashed the Firmware to 1.08 a second time. The device responded normally in default mode with steady ORANGE color logo.
On loading P3D, the unit went to BLUE color logo and responds normally.

IN SIM SETTINGS-
Kyle confirmed that in P3D, control sensitivity should be close to far right, maximum. Null zones at or close to far left, minimum.

I asked Kyle to give us some sample profiles in FSForce to save time. As the performance of the yoke is significantly affected. Hope to see that posted here in the near future.

Mentioned to Kyle that I saw the Iris Yoke selling on Aircraft Spruce. Kyle mentioned they are preparing a production run just now as past units are sold out. That was great to hear.

RMM

===============
I decided to go through a methodical step by step process to update my IDL 20001 Yoke and then sort out profile changes in FSForce.

The Firmware update to 1.08 appeared normal... BUT...The result is a dead yoke. On power plug in, the normal chime occurs and the yoke enters sleep mode from which the device will not wake up.

Arduino/Teensy software now cannot establish the serial connection. So I have no means to sort out the problem by flashing the firmware again.

There is a mention in this forum of a telephone talk through that Kyle did some months back to solve this. But no record was posted of the procedure.

Hope that Pat or Kyle will see this post.

RMM
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-23-2017, 01:09 AM
RE: RESOLVED - Firmware Update Fail - No Serial Connection
(11-03-2017 04:14 PM)RMM Wrote:  The Firmware update to 1.08 appeared normal... BUT...The result is a dead yoke. On power plug in, the normal chime occurs and the yoke enters sleep mode from which the device will not wake up.

Thanks for the update RMM, btw same thing happens to me on the update.
11-23-2017, 08:19 AM
RE: RESOLVED - Firmware Update Fail - No Serial Connection
Hello Wentzel..
If you fly a C172, please contact me. Your PM function is disabled. I want to see your experience in practicing stalls. Hope to hear from you. Thanks
RMM