Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feature Requests
06-09-2016, 05:11 AM
Feature Requests
Have at 'er (or 'im)!

All suggestions welcome.

For example:
Non-linear aileron movement: to compensate for sims that were designed for sticks with small range of motions, it would be nice to have a command to change the way the x position was reported. Maybe the y position as well? Parameters might be something like an exponent that would dictate the curve that was followed as the action moved toward the limits (with the default linear behavior having an exponent of 0).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-11-2016, 05:47 PM
RE: Feature Requests
I'm still using the original firmware on my DragonVR. My request for you guys regarding the fans and how they work. I don't have issue with the fans running all the time, it's more annoying when they go on and off. Maybe it's better to keep it running always at lower speeds, lower noise vs on and off where it's more noticeable.
06-12-2016, 10:18 AM (This post was last modified: 06-12-2016 10:21 AM by Craig K..)
It would be nice to have the ability to remove the built in roll axis null zone as is sometimes required. Some aircraft manufacturers use a custom control setup that
communicates directly with direct input. Having a null zone makes flying these aircraft a bit more work than is probably necessary or realistic.

Craig
06-15-2016, 04:16 AM (This post was last modified: 06-15-2016 04:17 AM by Kyle.)
(06-11-2016 05:47 PM)evanbanalian Wrote:  I'm still using the original firmware on my DragonVR. My request for you guys regarding the fans and how they work. I don't have issue with the fans running all the time, it's more annoying when they go on and off. Maybe it's better to keep it running always at lower speeds, lower noise vs on and off where it's more noticeable.

Hi Evan,

Thanks for the feedback.

I would recommend trying the newest firmware build; the fan algorithms have been tuned a bit.

If it's still not working well for you, let me know and we can chat about a better experience.
06-15-2016, 04:27 AM
(06-12-2016 10:18 AM)Craig K. Wrote:  It would be nice to have the ability to remove the built in roll axis null zone as is sometimes required. Some aircraft manufacturers use a custom control setup that
communicates directly with direct input. Having a null zone makes flying these aircraft a bit more work than is probably necessary or realistic.

Craig

Hi Craig,

Thanks for your feedback. Unfortunately, the null zone that you're noticing isn't a firmware feature - it's the result of using a planetary gearbox on the servo motor that introduces a bit of backlash.

Fortunately, having flown cross-country in an out-of trim Cessna, I can assure that frequent aileron adjustments are just a reality of flying without an autopilot. Also, backlash is something that you are almost certainly going to find in mechanically linked flight controls, so the bit that you experience on your yoke isn't necessarily going to take away from a realistic simulation.

What I noticed in my flying experience is that the constant small adjustments to the roll and pitch attitudes, combined with the scan of your instruments and visual cues from the horizon quickly became burned into the more primitive parts of the brain and stopped requiring conscious thought. Really, if we can develop that part of our brains on the ground before running up an actual aircraft, then our sims are becoming more useful and are allowing us to focus on the more daunting tasks of navigation and communication once we're airborne.

Sorry for the long response that essentially amounts to "deal with it." For what it's worth, our research team is developing a zero backlash system - one that I honestly imagine will ironically have backlash artificially re-introduced.
06-29-2016, 08:37 PM
(06-15-2016 04:16 AM)Kyle Wrote:  
(06-11-2016 05:47 PM)evanbanalian Wrote:  I'm still using the original firmware on my DragonVR. My request for you guys regarding the fans and how they work. I don't have issue with the fans running all the time, it's more annoying when they go on and off. Maybe it's better to keep it running always at lower speeds, lower noise vs on and off where it's more noticeable.

Hi Evan,

Thanks for the feedback.

I would recommend trying the newest firmware build; the fan algorithms have been tuned a bit.

If it's still not working well for you, let me know and we can chat about a better experience.

Hi Kyle,

I've tried the newest firmware, and yes, it's much quieter than before, I'm not even sure if the fans are really working.
06-30-2016, 10:55 AM
(06-29-2016 08:37 PM)evanbanalian Wrote:  Hi Kyle,

I've tried the newest firmware, and yes, it's much quieter than before, I'm not even sure if the fans are really working.

Hey Evanbanalian,

Try holding the yoke either all the way in or out in default mode. As the coils heat up, the fans should start to come up in speed.
07-14-2016, 05:15 PM
What is the normal working temperature of the yoke, also I would like to see a software showing the actual temps.

Thanks
08-01-2017, 11:06 AM
Would love to be able to control the trim in stand alone mode with use of a external trim wheel instead of switches. Maybe some kind of companion program that runs on the pc to read trim axis and then relay that back to the yoke.