No - bad idea!
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Open the Source Code?
06-09-2016, 05:04 AM
Open the Source Code?
Hey guys,

No promises here (need lots of approval and documentation before this could happen), but we're interested in how many people would be interested in the Yoke's source code (in C++ and Arduino). It would allow you to modify or rewrite everything the yoke does, but with great power comes great responsibility; it would be possible to damage your unit and possibly yourself if you weren't careful and so waivers and/or voided warranties would probably be required to get access.

-Kyle
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-12-2016, 12:52 AM (This post was last modified: 06-12-2016 01:16 AM by JackD.)
RE: Open the Source Code?
Yes, definitely. Ideally with informal advice on how to avoid rupturing my spleen by ramming the yoke into my torso Smile

It would be quite interesting to, for instance, make the left-hand rocker switch affect the internal-force pitch trim when in standalone mode, but become joystick buttons when receiving external force information. (Speaking of the Kickstarter Dragonfly yoke handle here.)
06-12-2016, 04:34 AM
(06-12-2016 12:52 AM)JackD Wrote:  It would be quite interesting to, for instance, make the left-hand rocker switch affect the internal-force pitch trim when in standalone mode, but become joystick buttons when receiving external force information

Doesn't it do this already?!

MarkH

[Image: 74a2117f47009890699829d38699715a.jpg]
06-12-2016, 04:43 AM
(06-12-2016 04:34 AM)MarkH Wrote:  
(06-12-2016 12:52 AM)JackD Wrote:  It would be quite interesting to, for instance, make the left-hand rocker switch affect the internal-force pitch trim when in standalone mode, but become joystick buttons when receiving external force information

Doesn't it do this already?!

Yes, yes it does...
06-15-2016, 04:32 AM (This post was last modified: 06-15-2016 04:34 AM by Kyle.)
(06-12-2016 12:52 AM)JackD Wrote:  Yes, definitely. Ideally with informal advice on how to avoid rupturing my spleen by ramming the yoke into my torso Smile

It would be quite interesting to, for instance, make the left-hand rocker switch affect the internal-force pitch trim when in standalone mode, but become joystick buttons when receiving external force information. (Speaking of the Kickstarter Dragonfly yoke handle here.)

We do this already! =D

The rocker switch always outputs joystick button information, regardless of state. (or at least it should!) When external forces are detected, the rocker should just become another dumb button waiting for you to assign it to your sim or plugin.

If this isn't what you're experiencing, we should chat and get it sorted out.
[Edit] Thanks MarkH- beat me to the punch!

To your first point: yes - absolutely we would have to make a little guide to the existing firmware and the methods we use to play with it and make changes without damaging our organs or the things that live on our desk Smile
06-15-2016, 04:40 AM
(06-15-2016 04:32 AM)Kyle Wrote:  We do this already! =D

Yes, sorry Kyle, for the first hour or so I left the handle disconnected because I thought it was preventing the yoke from activating. (It was probably the roll bump sensors bedding in, Patrick tells me.) I wrote that post before realising the handle is fine. It works as expected now I've plugged everything in!
06-15-2016, 04:52 AM
(06-15-2016 04:40 AM)JackD Wrote:  It works as expected now I've plugged everything in!
Glad to hear it Smile
08-01-2017, 10:59 AM
Any news on this? Would love to gain access to the source and tinker!