Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roll motor failure?
03-12-2016, 09:24 AM
Roll motor failure?
I no longer have any force feedback on the roll axis. The axis itself still works just no feedback. I tried to do a factory reset and calibration but still nothing. Slid unit out of housing, all wiring is intact and nothing looks burnt.

Not sure what else to try.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-12-2016, 06:45 PM (This post was last modified: 03-12-2016 08:25 PM by MarkH.)
RE: Roll motor failure?
(03-12-2016 09:24 AM)Slayer Wrote:  I no longer have any force feedback on the roll axis. The axis itself still works just no feedback. I tried to do a factory reset and calibration but still nothing. Slid unit out of housing, all wiring is intact and nothing looks burnt.

Bummer. All you can try is contacting Iris, I would have thought. See if any kind of technical support is available. They should be here to ask, but we all know that story.

Is your yoke a Dragonfly or did you get an earlier one?

MarkH

[Image: 74a2117f47009890699829d38699715a.jpg]
03-12-2016, 07:34 PM
(03-12-2016 06:45 PM)MarkH Wrote:  
(03-12-2016 09:24 AM)Slayer Wrote:  I no longer have any force feedback on the roll axis. The axis itself still works just no feedback. I tried to do a factory reset and calibration but still nothing. Slid unit out of housing, all wiring is intact and nothing looks burnt.

Bummer. All you can try is contacting Iris, I would have thought. See if any kind of technical support is available. The should be here to ask, but we all know that story.

Is your yoke a Dragonfly or did you get an earlier one?

My personal experience with Iris technical help has been excellent, Like many others I had tried contacting Iris whilst trying to establish progress on our deliveries and never had a response but as soon as I had a technical query and as a yoke owner I guess, I got immediate and useful help.
03-12-2016, 08:15 PM
(03-12-2016 07:34 PM)john MD Wrote:  My personal experience with Iris technical help has been excellent, Like many others I had tried contacting Iris whilst trying to establish progress on our deliveries and never had a response but as soon as I had a technical query and as a yoke owner I guess, I got immediate and useful help.

Okay, well that is promising Smile

To Slayer: have you installed the Arduino software? If so, you can run the serial monitor and use the 'settings' command to see what your current settings are. It is possible your parameters have been screwed up and need resetting. If your 'Global Roll Gain' (fx) has somehow been set to 0 you will not have any roll forces.

P.S. When I installed this just now I had to change the COM port to COM3 (default was COM1) to get any response.

MarkH

[Image: 74a2117f47009890699829d38699715a.jpg]
03-12-2016, 08:45 PM
(03-12-2016 08:15 PM)MarkH Wrote:  Okay, well that is promising Smile

To Slayer: have you installed the Arduino software? If so, you can run the serial monitor and use the 'settings' command to see what your current settings are. It is possible your parameters have been screwed up and need resetting. If your 'Global Roll Gain' (fx) has somehow been set to 0 you will not have any roll forces.

P.S. When I installed this just now I had to change the COM port to COM3 (default was COM1) to get any response.

Careful Mark looks like you're fast becoming Technical Help, I found the same with the serial monitor COM port and where I had Iris support......you've worked it out for yourself. Tongue
03-13-2016, 04:47 AM
Quote John MD..."Careful Mark looks like you're fast becoming Technical Help,..."

Not a bad idea, since Mark has been more active/helpful on/to this small community than the developers. That's it, I nominate Mark for Mayor. ;o)

Cheers, Craig
03-13-2016, 06:37 AM
(03-13-2016 04:47 AM)Craig K. Wrote:  Quote John MD..."Careful Mark looks like you're fast becoming Technical Help,..."

Not a bad idea, since Mark has been more active/helpful on/to this small community than the developers. That's it, I nominate Mark for Mayor. ;o)

Cheers, Craig

Sorry but I still have a soft spot for the developers and the finished article. I know I know, I've got a short memory but they did at least deliver. Heart
03-13-2016, 08:19 AM
Forgive my skepticism, I'm still waiting to hear from Iris with regard to my yoke being shipped. I never had any doubt that Iris would deliver a yoke to its backers.
I suspect that the kickstarter/dragonfly recipients are receiving a much better product because of the long wait/redesign. So the waiting has been worth it.

regards, Craig
03-13-2016, 10:08 AM
(03-13-2016 08:19 AM)Craig K. Wrote:  Forgive my skepticism, I'm still waiting to hear from Iris with regard to my yoke being shipped. I never had any doubt that Iris would deliver a yoke to its backers.
I suspect that the kickstarter/dragonfly recipients are receiving a much better product because of the long wait/redesign. So the waiting has been worth it.

regards, Craig

Yeah, not criticising your feelings Craig I know exactly how you must feel, in my case those feelings soon faded away. Yours can't be long now, hang on in there. Shy
03-13-2016, 10:23 PM
And I must stop hi-jacking posts or threads or whatever they call them. Blush