Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
News on the Kickstarter page of the website
04-29-2016, 06:35 PM
RE: News on the Kickstarter page of the website
Yes its real funny. The advice progress image you get with the tracking number says 6-30 days. But doesnt say
by which means. My got posted by snail mail. Thanks for the update re packaging, gives me hope.
By the way how are you guys finding it now that its been in your hands for a while.
Les
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-30-2016, 05:57 AM (This post was last modified: 04-30-2016 05:59 AM by Craig K..)
Hi iwik,
I have been using the Iris for a little over 3 weeks. I haven't had any outstanding issues. The yoke, as has been mentioned before, is of a very sturdy construction. The stock handle, while a bit flexible, isn't really that bad. I used it for about a week, without any issues. I have since replaced it with an aluminum handle. When used with Fs Force, inside P3Dv3, the ability to feel the weight of the control surfaces during a flight, gives a sense of immersion that has been incomparable, up to this point. Most of my flying is done inside the Majestic DH8 Q400. The Iris yoke has made hand flying this thing an absolute pleasure. (as compared with my old saitek pro flight yoke) I know the waiting is a 8itch, but you will be glad that you decided to wait it out and not ask for a refund. The reward, is worth it. You will love this thing.

Craig
04-30-2016, 11:04 AM
Thanks Craig,
Yes i currently own a DIY ffb and wouldnt be without it. Very keen to see how this one compares.
Les
04-30-2016, 11:39 AM (This post was last modified: 04-30-2016 12:13 PM by Radar.)
(04-29-2016 06:35 PM)iwik Wrote:  Yes its real funny. The advice progress image you get with the tracking number says 6-30 days. But doesnt say
by which means. My got posted by snail mail. Thanks for the update re packaging, gives me hope.
By the way how are you guys finding it now that its been in your hands for a while.
Les

Greetings fellow Kiwi Les

For those that have not already worked it out Kiwi spelt backwards = iwik

Nice one Les Smile

It's highly likely that the boxed parcel package containing the second generation Control Loading CL Dragonfly Flight Simulator Yoke with the basic plastic demo yoke handle from Iris Dynamics.

Is in a shipping container sitting next to my pre-order boxed package with it's destination address to nearby Wellywood Middle Earth home of the Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit trilogy movies, New Zealand.

I've had no contact with Iris Dynamics since I made a on-line pre-order through their website in August 2014.

I'm a August 2014 Pre-order Iris Dynamics Customer and not a November - December 2013 early Kickstarter.

I've been quite happy waiting patiently with the good old Kiwi saying "No worries mate". All in good time once the initial production design issues have been sorted, those that wait patiently shall receive abundance in return attitude, concerning Iris Dynamics making good on their product delivery. Unlike other regular global commentators with previous grizzles, negative comments about Iris Dynamics which I've seen and read on this forum website.

Les, both our parcel packages were likely shipped together from Sidney BC Canada on 25 February and then forwarded in transit to down-under South Pacific Australia and New Zealand on 1st March via a cargo shipping container.

For the global community the cheapest method in regards to the NZ $$$ per weight wise of the Iris Dynamics Control Loading CL Yoke was for an international shipping option method to NZ via International Parcel Surface meaning, that it is being shipped via a Container Boat/Ship traveling via slow snail mail boat/ship steam power.

Thus the parcel packages from Iris Dynamics are still in-transit coming down-under via the shipping Port of Richmond in Vancouver Canada with likely stop overs in other shipping Ports along the way down from the Pacific North West Coast, picking up other Shipping Containers through the shipping Ports of the Western United States of America, that are also bound destined for down-under countries such as Australia and New Zealand.

Hence the reason for the Canada Post advice for International Parcel Surface saying Expected Delivery :

Europe — 1-2 months
Asia Pacific / Australia — 2-3 months
Africa — 2-3 months
South America — 1-2 months

Due to Container Boat/Ship delivery method across the water surface of the Pacific Ocean. These large cargo carrying Container Boat/Ships are not very fast moving vessels snail mail transiting across various parts of the global planet surface called the ocean sea at some stage confronting various weather conditional environments as they travel along their merry way to final destination shipping ports.

I am expecting our parcel packages to arrive within the next couple of weeks and for them to possibly be held up at the NZ Customs Border with NZ Post potentially making individual email contact regarding payment of GST import Tax.

Les, trust that this helps explain why the lengthy delay from the time you received the Ship Notification for Item from Canada Post back at the end of February.

Andrew
04-30-2016, 05:13 PM
(04-30-2016 11:39 AM)Radar Wrote:  grizzles, negative comments about Iris Dynamics which I've seen and read on this forum website.

Norrmalmstorgssyndromet!

MarkH

[Image: 74a2117f47009890699829d38699715a.jpg]
04-30-2016, 08:33 PM
(04-30-2016 05:13 PM)MarkH Wrote:  
(04-30-2016 11:39 AM)Radar Wrote:  grizzles, negative comments about Iris Dynamics which I've seen and read on this forum website.

Norrmalmstorgssyndromet!

Huh

clearly shows volumes of whinger troll negativity

Cool peace out man with something positive and give the negativity a rest for a change

Angel Heart you

Smile
05-02-2016, 06:01 AM
Andrew,
Yes ours were probably shipped the same time. Expected a long wait and interesting to see you have not receive
yours yet.
Regards
Les
11-30-2016, 07:41 AM
(04-30-2016 08:33 PM)Radar Wrote:  peace out man with something positive and give the negativity a rest for a change

I think my 70-minute comprehensive video review of the Iris Dragonfly yoke (posted here about a month before your rant) was fairly positive. What was your contribution?

MarkH

[Image: 74a2117f47009890699829d38699715a.jpg]