Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Iris Dynamics new web site online news
09-22-2015, 08:12 AM
Iris Dynamics new web site online news
2015.09.20 New Website Online
https://vs3.irisdynamics.com/

Welcome to the new Iris Dynamics website. We’ve rebuilt this site from the ground up, reflecting our new corporate values and more conservative branding. It also reflects our transition from the chaotic startup phase with cool new widgets to a product and technology company with broad appeal to individual, military and aerospace clients.

This site is still ‘under construction’, so come back often for updates

For the Kickstarter's

Kickstarter
In 2013, Iris Dynamics launched a successful Kickstarter program, raising $86,000 of seed funding. In 2014, Iris Dynamics received additional investor financing that was used for purchasing equipment, hiring staff, leasing facilities, acquiring inventory and funding R&D. We developed our innovative (now patent-pending) technology and engaged with key beta users, including NASA and several other customers.

In early 2015, we began shipping Kickstarter rewards to customers based on our first-generation control-loading yoke. This yoke was a breakthrough in performance, but was expensive to manufacture. Consequently, in mid-2015, we undertook to redesign the product before fulfilling the remainder of the Kickstarter rewards.

This new design uses the elegant Siilk two-axis actuator. This actuator, also available as a stand alone product, provides all of the critical mechanical and electrical components in a single assembly. We expect the Siilk actuator to be popular with our OEM clients who are building their own simulation equipment. In fact, we have a version that is being used in an Olympic bobsled simulator! By modularizing our actuator, we can now ramp up our production volume of yoke assemblies and fulfill the remainder of our Kickstarter rewards starting in late 2015.

Thank-you to all of our Kickstarter backers for your support and patience. We hope that you will be very pleasantly surprised when you receive your reward!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-22-2015, 09:12 AM
RE: Iris Dynamics new web site online news
The new web site explains a lot of the past many months of silence.
Specifically confirms the fulfillment to all Kickstarter backers with the new design.
Seems that your patience will pay a dividend. You all will receive the version 2 yoke.
I am naturally a bit jealous.

RMM
09-22-2015, 09:14 AM
Well, don't know what to say really, except the new website does not know me through my account and there is no access to the forums from there.....yet. Yes I realise it's still under development. Let's wait and see.
09-22-2015, 09:15 AM (This post was last modified: 09-22-2015 09:22 AM by RMM.)
FROM THE NEW FAQ
KickStarter
I have been waiting for my Kickstarter reward to be shipped for a long time, but I see that new orders are being shipped in two to three weeks. Why is that?
We originally planned to build and ship the Kickstarter reward units, then develop a commercial version for sale to the general public. Instead, thanks to new investment, we have accelerated the introduction of the commercial version. The good news is the Kickstarter supporters get the much more refined commercial product at well below our production cost. The bad news is that you’ve had to wait longer, and since we are a small company and have to manage our costs, we need to allocate the number of Kickstarter units that we ship each week. As we ramp up production in response to new orders for the commercial units, we will be catching up with our loyal Kickstarter supporters. We appreciate your patience and support.

BIG QUESTION..
Is the Kickstarter unit coming with an aluminum yoke handle, now priced separately at $600? The web site is not clear on this.
But per the Kickstarter campaign, the unit is to be fully functional with a yoke.
We will soon know the answer.
RMM
09-22-2015, 09:29 AM (This post was last modified: 09-22-2015 09:30 AM by john MD.)
And that's U.S. dollars.
09-22-2015, 06:43 PM (This post was last modified: 09-22-2015 06:47 PM by iwik.)
Hi Guys,
Good news, Kyle was true to his word. I cant access my account on both sites, guess they will sort it
out. Interesting re the handle, wonder what we will get offered.
Les
09-24-2015, 05:13 AM (This post was last modified: 09-24-2015 06:39 AM by MarkH.)
(09-22-2015 06:43 PM)iwik Wrote:  Hi Guys,
Good news, Kyle was true to his word...Interesting re the handle, wonder what we will get offered.

Well of course there has been no announcement and most of what it says about the Kickstarter campaign on that new site is old text copied from elsewhere. However I will admit to a renewed optimism that there is some kind of plan that includes KS backers, however speculative the schedule still appears ('...starting in late 2015').

As for the handles, I am convinced we will get the Boeing style resin ones. They aren't selling them any more but you can bet they have a bucket load of them sitting around being unsuitable for a $2000 product. That said, if they give me a $2000 yoke and a $600 PFC handle, I will let bygones be bygones...

MarkH

[Image: 74a2117f47009890699829d38699715a.jpg]
09-24-2015, 07:18 AM (This post was last modified: 09-24-2015 07:21 AM by john MD.)
Steady Mark, you're cracking.Big Grin And you have to admit the new module looks better engineered.
09-24-2015, 04:28 PM
I think you will be lucky to see a free $600 handle. Give to one have to give to all.
150 approx. x 600 = Broke.
Les
10-06-2015, 06:36 AM
From the FAQ

"If Iris Dynamics is no longer providing the cast resin yoke handle, what handle will I receive with my Kickstarter reward?
Iris will be providing a basic black ‘ram’s horn’ plastic yoke handle that will have the essential functions for flight simulation use."

MarkH

[Image: 74a2117f47009890699829d38699715a.jpg]